Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Will A - BURN


I chose this picture, which I titled, BURN, was taken at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, usually just called JazzFest, in April 2019. This picture is of my dad’s girlfriend's son, who’s name is Hank, but his middle name is Burn, hence the title of the picture. I took it with my phone, because I couldn't be bothered to carry a camera around with me all day, especially in the middle of spring in New Orleans. This picture is interesting, because I was trying to take a normal, nice looking picture of Hank, but right before I hit the capture button, he stuck his hand out and made a face. As far as editing, I really just made the shadows darker, while making the highlights lighter. I also bumped up the brilliance. IF this was taken with a better camera, I could have made the shutter speed shorted, and gotten a lot less blurriness on his hard, which could have looked nice, but I almost think this is better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the blurriness could be a bit less, and I suggest maybe experimenting with some color added into the photo. Adding some color replacement splotches in PhotoShop would help areas of the photo realy pop, and this would help the blurriness not be such a hinder. -BB

Anonymous said...

I like this picture a lot because it is very unique. I like the amount of blurriness thats make the part of the image pop more. I feel like the picture would look better if it has some color on it