Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Melissa M- Birthdays


My image is titled birthdays.  It was taken in my house on my birthday and taken with a sony cyber-shot.  To edit my picture i enhanced it, took the denoise up,  and the sharpness a little bit.  I really like this because of how concentrated it is with the candle light.  The darkness behind the candles really makes them pop and stand out better.  I also feel that the details are really good in this picture, you can clearly see the wax dripping down the sides of the candles.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a very well done picture. The focus is clear and detailed and the depth of field really makes the subject clear. I also think it was a wise choice to have the only light coming from the candles. Overall with the tight shot and the dark background make the candles pop. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!
Logan M.

Anonymous said...

This photo is awesome! I don't think any of this is over exposed. I think you could have maybe left a little bit at the top when you were cropping. The mod of this photo is happy!

Hope W. -HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool picture! i like how the cake in the background is still a main focus in the shot. The candles have a deep color and it helps bring out the detail. I also like how it shows an important celebration going on:)

Anna Kathryn D- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo, it's so clear and the quality of it is so fantastic!! I loved the way you edited the photo because it really enhances the candles, they almost look neon or 3D or something. I also love that the background is dark so it can really put emphasis on the cake and candles! I also like the fact that the light from the candles doesn't overtake the entire picture with a white hue. Good job!!!!

Anonymous said...

This picture is so awesome! I like how the flames are really bright. All of the colors in this picture are so pretty! Great job with the detail and the overall picture!!!
Morgan C- HHS