Wednesday, October 23, 2013

IsaacE- The Open Woods


The title of this picture is "The Open Woods).
it was taken behind my neighbors house.
I took this picture with my Nikon D3200 using an 18-55mm lens. The zoom was all the out, at 18mm, the f-stop was set at f/3.5, and the shutter speed was 1/60 of a second.
I highlighted the tree trunks, the bricks, and the large rock in the back, and made them black and white. I then inverted the selection, and boosted the brightness using boy the levels tool and the brightness option. I also boosted the vibrance by a large amount, and boosted the saturation some.
I believe that the picture could be better by removing the bricks, they just look out of place.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture.
The way the light shines on the leaves and branches, it looks great.
This is taken at a good angle too.
Zoya D. HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like the depth in this photo. The picture is clear and defined from the front all the way to the back. I also really like the color in this photo and how much the green stands out. This picture just gives you that happy nature feeling and I really like the way it turned out.

Justin N - HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is great. I love the way the light shines on the trees on the right. The lighting brings life to this image. and i also love how you can see the shadows of the trees.

Sydney B- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo because it shows the beauty of nature and I love how the sunlight makes the trees glow. I agree that the bricks seem a little out of place, but on the flip side, bricks are sometimes found in the woods. Overall, you did a good job!
-Ivorie F-C-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like the way the light in this picture shows through the leaves to make a sort of radiant feel. I also like how the colors are really vibrant in the picture so you get a good contrast of the brown on the ground and the difference between the leaves and the sky with the bleues and greens.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, especially because of all the green it involves. I like how the sun is making one side of the picture brighter than the other. The picture is very vibrant and attention-capturing. I also like the way the picture creates a calm and peaceful mood.
Shreya M-HHS

Anonymous said...

i really like this picture. i love the scenery of the woods. i also like the contrasts of all the different shades of green as well as some yellow. very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I like how the colors in this photo really pop. The scenery of woods is something that i really like to photograph. The bricks are a little out of place, but overall this is a really nice photo. Nice shot!

Ryan W - HHS