Tuesday, October 29, 2013

IsaacE-Black Hole Sun

The title of this image is Black Hole Sun. The picture was taken in front of my and my neighbor's house, facing the sun. this picture was taken during the Night and Day assignment. I messed around with the color settings and made it look really cool, and turned the resultant greens red. I then selected the sky, and colored it a purplish grey. The edits made me think of the podcast "Welcome To Night Vale," so i made a transparent layer mask and washed out the eye design used on the "cover" of the podcast. I then made a white dot in the middle of the spot where he sun was, and then but a smaller black dot in the middle of that. I spent way too much time doing this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture looks really cool. I like the colors. This picture looks kind of mysterious. I also like how it looks like there is moon in the lower middle of the picture.
Ashley G- HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really interesting picture! I agree that the coloring changes you made gave it a very surreal and Night Vale-ish feel. I love the positioning of the shot. the angle from under the trees makes the tree trunks pull your eyes to the sun and to the eye in the center.The only thing I would change is the fore middle and background kind of fall on each other and the photo feels noisy. Overall I like this photo concept.
Logan M.