Thursday, December 1, 2022

Maci J- Mushroom


 The title of this image is Mushroom. I took this photo in September when I was walking on a trail behind my house. It was taken with my Canon Powershot SX530. This image was originally taken very wide but I cropped in so the mushroom was the in the center. I made minimal adjustments to contrast, basically just making the background slightly darker. I used photoshop’s object selection tool to select just the mushroom and I adjusted the saturation. This image would probably be better if the mushroom didn’t have to be in front of a bunch of dead leaves. I also couldv’e tried out different angles to make it more visually interesting. Other than that, I kind of like how out of place the mushroom looks 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good photo! I like How you were able to keep the mushroom as the main point of focus while also keeping the background of the photo interesting. I also like how you were able to keep the leaves around the mushroom focused as well.
W M-HHS

Anonymous said...

Cute! I like how the leaves frame the mushroom, making it the focus of the photograph. I like your idea of trying out different angles to make it more visually interesting, but I think the angle you chose is simple and limits any distractions that take away from the mushroom.

Anonymous said...

I like the detail on the mushroom and how the focus is sharp. The centered subject fits well with the cropping and background. I like this photo because of the mushrooms shape and colors