Monday, April 8, 2019

Jacob D - Highland Cow

This photo was taken on Mach 26, 2019 at the Drive Through Safari in Hope Hull, Alabama on my iPhone 6s Plus. Over spring break my family drove to the Drive Through Safari in Hope Hull. When we got there the first animal we were greeted by were highland cattle. Highland cattle are native to the Highlands so getting to see them again after all these years was absolutely wonderful. I’ve been to Scotland a couple of times do to my Scottish ancestry so we were very excited to see something represented of such a beautiful place. To edit it I played around with the contrast, definitions, lights & darks, and sharpness.I wanted a pristine photo to capture the beauty of this animal.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the focus of this photo. The main subject is in sharp focus and it provides more detail to the image. I also like the color/tonal range of the picture because it is very warm and it accentuates the natural coloring of the cattle. The story of this photo is very clear in the image. You can tell that it was taken on a safari.

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. The focus is the cattle, and it's very clear. The image is very brown themed and I like that factor. Great image!

Anonymous said...

this horse looks really cool. i can see the texture in the horse. it feels and looks really real. good thing the turtle did not bite you. nothing needs to change about the photo. so good job.

Morgan Hecht said...

i luv this baby

Anonymous said...

I really like tis photo! The cattle is obviously the focus of this picture and it looks so cute! I think your editing made this picture perfect!

Anonymous said...

This photo is the only one I've seen of a cow and it is simply amazing! I like how everything is clear and everything is in the picture. I like how the eyes are shiny and clearly represented. The color is very good besides the image itself.

Anonymous said...

First off good job on the photo! I really enjoy seeing this photo when I haven't really seen any farm animals on this blog. I really love the tone of the image and how the photo isn't too bright or too dark. I don't think anything else needs to be added to this because everything is clear in this.

Anonymous said...

I love this image because it shows a very cute and silly personality of the cattle. It reminds me of a children's book. It also looks very animated and you can really see that the cattle is interacting and looking at you. I love the colors in this image and overall all you did a very great job.

Anonymous said...

This photo is so cute! I really like almost the yellow/brown kinda vibe it gives off. I also really like how close you are to the cow and how he is looking at you. I like the sharpness and detailing of the cow, specifically his nose. Overall, I really like this photo!