Friday, September 28, 2018

Jacob D - Chewie and the Porg

I titled this image “Chewie and the Porg”. This was taken by my Nikon Coolpix S700 outside the front of my house on August 21, 2018. The photo is of a Funko Pop! collectible of Chewbacca from Episode 8 of Star Wars with the Millennium Falcon in the background. I’m a big Star Wars nerd and I love collecting Pops! and Star Wars stuff. So I decided to combine the two loves to make one picture to describe a lot about me. This is one of my favorite photos I have done and feel like it is definitely one of the best. To make it that way I edited it by using the Fade filter and then I fiddled around with all the small details of the photo (colors, vignette, etc.) and I made sure to sharpen it to make all the details stand out to make it feel like a more immersive world that you’re seeing. If I was to edit it more I would use photo shop since it has more advanced features just to accentuate on certain details to make it stand out more and get rid of the fence and brick wall in the background. I wanted to make it feel more like it’s on a different planet all together..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro this is a dope pic! And I love the fact that you used Star Wars pieces to create this image. I'm a big SW nerd myself. I like how you proportioned Chewy and the Falcon so that he was more in front and it gave better detail. I also love the setting of this picture. It was taken on the ground, but the ground itself and the trees make it feel like Kashyyyk. Good work! Heath M - HHS

Anonymous said...

I like how you used the rule of thirds and have Chewie off center. I also really like how immersive this picture is and how sharp the details are. I also like how you really shown who you are and what you like.