Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Anna S- Simply Summer Sundown

This photo, titeled “Simply Summer Sundown”, I took when I was at Smith Lake over summer. I took this with my friends iPhone 7+. I edited it on VSCO by adding a filter and making the color tones more on the blue, cool side. It could be better if it was taken on an actual camera because when you zoom in, it is blurry. I love the lake and how simple this photo is. My friends and I were just watching the sunset when I took this. The water was so calm, so the float was barely moving. This made it easier to take the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the composition and simplicity of this picture! The way the ripples in the water show, along with the creases on the float look very nice and it brings a more detailed look at the picture. I think the depth of field is nice, I do agree that of you could have zoomed in the photo could have looked pretty cool and give a much more close perspective. I think going with the cool tones was a nice choice because it gives a nice, calm feelings, connecting to how you perceived the water to be. Overall, great picture!

Anonymous said...

I like the mood of this photo, it seems to capture all of the feels of summer. I like how the colors of the water match to the colors of the float tube. The tonal range is very specific, the tones are very faded and gray which I think makes the picture look more simple.

Anonymous said...

I really love this picture. I like the filter you chose but I think it also would have been cool to maybe brighten the picture a little bit and maybe sharpened it to help with showing the float. I also like how the float is the main focus of the picture but I might have cropped it so the float was a little more centered. But overall I really like the picture and I like how vibrant the cool tones are.