Sunday, February 25, 2018

Lauren T- Old Ballet Shoes

The title of this photo is “Old Ballet Shoes”. It was taken in my room around December. This picture was shot with my Cannon Rebel T3. I edited it using the NikCollection Analog Effex Pro. It could have been better if I had taken it from a different angle. My 2 favorite types of edited pictures are ones with a ton of color, and those that look like they are old photos from the early-mid 1900s. I’ve always thought older-looking pictures give off a really nice, vintage vibe. Plus, I love ballet! These were my first pair of pointe shoes. The title has 2 meanings. The first being that they are old pointe shoes because of time, and the second being that the picture is supposed to look old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Picture! I like the old style you where going for and the filter that you used to do that. It looks like a picture that a soldier might have in WWII. I also like how the background id blurred to make the main focus the shoes. This is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

This image is very nice. I love how the lighting emphasizes the shoes, and the way the black and white filter brings together the vintage look. The dirt and scratches are very nice and work well for this picture. This is a very cool photograph, great job!
Hannah J- HHS

Anonymous said...

AHHH I love this photo because I can relate to it so much!!!! I like how the shoes are positioned and hanging down from something. I also like how everything is black and white because it helps you focus on the subject or shoes. I think this photo would be even better than it already is if you cleared the background a little bit with the touch-up tool. I love this photo though!!! It is for sure a keeper!!

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! You did a very good job of capturing the aging aspect of the shoes by making them hang down. The black and white vintage is the perfect filter for the old-time vibe you're trying to convey. I like how you did not make the picture too sharp, but balanced out the contrast and lighting just enough to make the shoes stand out. Overall a very well composed shot!
Sara A , HHS