Monday, February 5, 2018

Joseph A- American Gothic

The title of the picture is American Gothic after the famous painting for comedic value. I took this photo in my aunts yard I the middle of the afternoon. I used a NIKON D3S. I used the depth of field to my advantage to blur out the background for a greater focus and sharper image. I Brightened it up a little and used the rule of thirds to center the image. There could be less blur in the white areas and could be sharper. I also darkened it a little bit to enhance it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this photo a lot!! It really reminds me of Christmas and the holiday mood. I like the placement of the snowmen and how they are near the left side. I also really like how vibrant the white is and how focused the camera is on them. - Alex H HHS

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute picture! I like how the background is more blurred in comparison with the snowmen. I also like how the snowmen are off-centered. The colors are so bright and really stand out against the background. This picture really reminds me of Christmas time. Definitely a keeper!
- Gracie C HHS

Anonymous said...

I love the depth of field in this image. I also love the contrast in the foreground and background. This would be a great picture to hang up during Christmas!
Carson R - HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a neat photographical take on the traditional painting. I like how they are offset from the camera's center, because it adds a bit of space to the image, and gives it a depth that makes them seem life size. I can't think of anything to change about this image, given that I was there while you edited it most of the time and saw no problems. Good work; always take more pictures of snow people.
- Josef Halcomb