Wednesday, April 24, 2013

David M- White Flower Panorama


The title of my photo is White Flowers.  I wanted the branch entirely in focus so I used the image stacking technique and started at the top of the branch and went out to the end.  I edited the photo by filling in the top right and bottom left parts of the photo by taking other images of the flowers that I shot and putting their background into the stacked image's background.  I also needed to replicate the big tree branches near the bottom of the screen so I copied, rotated, and scaled them to fit right underneath.  Finally, I fixed a few errors where the twigs didn't line up and did a levels adjustment and I played with the Hue and Saturation of the photo.  I really like how this photo turned out and my favorite part is the bee that I caught on the middle flower.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this picture! I like how the branch is in focus but the background is blurred. I also like how there is detail in he little flower. Beautiful pic! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I really like how the flowers are very sharp in focus, but the background is not. It works well to show the detail of the flower and to keep the attention of the photograph on the flower. The pastel colors of the picture also work well to keep the picture looking soft. Overall, I really like this picture because the flowers really contrast with the background, and it looks very natural.
Luiza L.- HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. It really captures Spring. I like how the flowers are in focus because they are sharper and the colors look really pretty. It looks really cool with the blurry white flowers in the background too. Good job!
Laura T-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. The flowers are in really great focus and I like the really soft background because it brings more attention to the flowers. The picture has a calm feel due to it because of the soft, more muted colors and the soft background. Overall I really like this picture because it captures spring and I like the natural look of the picture because it doesn't look over edited. Good job!
Madison P-HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture a lot. The white of the flowers work great with the red. I love how in focus all of the flowers are. I can tell this one probably took a lot of work to make perfect. I wouldn't change anything about it. Great Job!
Will C-HHS

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a very good photo. I really like the focus that is incorporated into this photo. The subject, which is the flower, is in focus while the rest of the photo (mainly the background) is blurred out. This helps the subject stand out from the rest of the picture. I also like the fact that the subject is in the center of the picture. This helps put more emphasis on the subject of the picture. The picture would not have looked good on a third. Overall, I really like this picture because it accurately demonstrates spring and its beauty. Good Job!
-Hemin N.-HHS