Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Will B - Hoover's own Spiderman


 

The title of this image is Hoover’s own Spiderman. I took The background picture in the courtyard on Jan. 13 during class, and the second in my room on Jan 20 after school. I took the first with a camera borrowed from Mr. Rigsby and the second with my phone set on a timer. I cut out the self portrait as Spiderman with the quick selection tool and mask, as well as finer details with the mask. I flipped the image horizontally so that the light sources of the portrait and background would line up more. I also darkened the Spiderman portrait so it would blend with the shadows. I also blurred it some. My original image was actually not as clean as this one. I’ve edited this since the Portrait assignment to touch it up with lighting adjustments and blur. The only other thing that I would like to do to improve it is to have someone else in the foreground looking toward the background where Spiderman is. I really had a lot of fun with this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this photo, and find the title to be very fitting. I think it would be better if it wasn't taken from so far away. ( It reminds me of the composite photos from the portrait assignment.)

AT-HHS

Anonymous said...

I think this a very interesting take for a photo. Almost like a "Where is Waldo' sort of thing. The composition is not great with Spiderman being really far back and off to the right. I feel like Spiderman should be closer, because I can hardly tell that it is Spiderman. The lighting is good on the Spiderman though.

BB HHS

Anonymous said...

This is very hard to see spider man. At first I just though it was some paint on the side of the school. Zoom in a little and if you don't want to then maybe edit it a little better so you can. Nobody likes a red dot.

Anonymous said...

This picture is really well done, especially since originally I thought that it was actually someone jumping off the roof. If I could make any suggestions, it would be to increase the saturation of the school a bit, because everything, especially the grass, look kind of dead. - WA