Thursday, October 25, 2018

Jacob D - Space in My Backyard

The title of my image is “Space is in my backyard.” I used a Nikon Coolpix S700 in my backyard on September 17, 2018.The photo is of part of my backyard. It shows the lower back porch, the path in my yard, and some trees. This was during the Night & Day assignment and I thought about taking a photo of my backyard. Which I did with a little bit of interesting editing to it. I never thought this was one I would show for photography. This was more of a personal piece. This photo represents the weird part of me. Which is actually one of my more defining characteristics. I have a large fascination with space but am afraid of going to space since we know so little. I feel safer at home. So why not combine the two? And that is what I set out to do. A lot of editing went in to this image to make it look the way it does. I did some cropping and editing with a lot of the small details like sharpness, brightness, contrast, etc. A lot of small little details like I said. Though the most interesting feature and my favorite part is the large contrast in color in the more nature part of the image. I used color saturation, hue, and vibrance a lot here. I wanted it to seem other worldly. Like space had invaded my backyard. Which is the effect I got. If I was going to edit it more than I would go through and add more details with space features. Like a black skyline in the background with stars. But the lighting come in to effect and my skills aren’t good enough for that. Someday though, I will be able to do that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the perspective from which this photo was taken and the brilliant purple hue that you got in the trees and grass!!I really like the meaning behind this pictured to me, it really does look otherworldly. Very cool editing and great job overall with this photo. -Lauren B HHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is amazingly edited and one of my favorites now!! I love the brightness of the purple and orange and the way the colors are clearly shown along with the blurriness of the cracks of the pavement. I love the sharpness of the tree in the background and the fact that the background is better focused makes the image a lot better. I wish the pavement wasn't shown because I wish the background was bigger and more visible, but other than that I love the image!!
-Megan C. HHS

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful it reminds me of the days when I listened to kid cudi. I like how you edited the trees in the back to make the picture lit.

Anonymous said...

I love how the saturation of this photo gives it an ethereal vibe. It is tumblr worthy. Most of the time when I see people post photos with a lot of vibrant colors it tends to be too bright making my eyes have to adjust to it but this is just right. There is a good mix of light and dark in the photo. The way it's framed is good too, being so close to the ground makes it feel like we are viewing the picture through the eyes of an animal.

Anonymous said...

I really like how this picture has an other worldly feel to it. The trees make the picture look like this I also think the colors and the vibrancy of the trees make it look that way too. I really like how much detail work you put into this picture it really payed off.

Morgan Hecht said...

The colors and the saturation in this photo is insane, they are so vibrant and lovely. Usually, people just take photos of nature how it is, and as nature is beautiful , it does become tiring to look at! Your photo takes a nice spin on nature. You can tell how hard you worked on this photo as well. Proud<3

Tyler W said...

The colors in this picture brought me here instead of the other pictures. The purple here is so vivid. I like sharp lines from the purple edit to the regular picture. This is much more interesting than just more green tress. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. I love all the different colors and contrasts there are in it. I also love the angle you took this picture from. It gives a feeling of someone looking up at the door and trees in the picture.
-Skylar J HHS

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this photo! It is so unique and different from everything else that I have seen on the blog. I am not sure you got the colors to look they way they do but, it is so cool. It certainly does look like space. This is my new favorite photo.