Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Christian P - A Flower from Darkness

The title of this image is “A Flower from Darkness” it was taken late at night in my backyard with my Nikon D3300 with a tripod and a flashlight to illuminate the subject.  I edited it by darkening the background to make the the flower stand out more as well as changing the color of the flower a bit to make it more red than pink.  I feel like this picture could have been a bit better if I had gotten the flower to be more focused and sharp, but overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how the exposure of this image is focused on the flower. I also like how the flower is off center in the image. I really love this image because it looks as if something beautiful is appearing from nothing.
- Carson R HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is very very cool and i feel like it is something i would see on an iPhone screensaver default. The black all around the flower and then the way the pink color pops out from the dar is very very cool.

Anonymous said...

I love how the flower is the only thing illuminated and contrasts greatly with the black background. The texture of the petals really comes through against the darkness. I think that this photo could be better if it was taken from a different angle. It could have been taken with the flower on the left side of the photo, with the center of the flower facing the camera. Overall this is really nice.
Abby W