Monday, November 13, 2017

Carson R. - Another Home

This image is entitled “Another Home”. It was taken on July 14th, 2017 in Montreat, North Carolina. I took this picture with a Nikon d3400. I brought up the green tint in photoshop and added a slight sepia filter. I also increased the contrast and brightness. I think it could be better if the buildings were more reddish in tint. I took this image on my youth group’s annual retreat to Montreat. It is my all time favorite place on earth and I can’t wait to go back next summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having seen Montreat in person, I can say that you completely captured the image. I love how the fog just circles the building to make a natural subject. The depth of field is great for this image. I love how the greenery adds a pop to the whole image. There is perfect balance in lighting for the time of day it was. I would definitely put this picture in my home.
Macy M - HHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is really well taken. The positioning and depth of the picture really suit it well. The green tint and filter also really help the overall color scheme. I do feel though that the excess space on the right of the picture doesn't allow for enough focus on the building. The atmosphere and tone, giving off the sense of an early morning, is very nice though. Overall this is a great picture.

Zach F - HHS