Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Abby W- Illuminated

This photo is capturing Alexa Smith in the studio of the photography room. I used my Sony digital camera. We pulled the black back drop and turn all of the lights off. We then used a lamp to create and orange glow in front of her face. She is holding the lamp in front of her. I think that this picture could be better if the light would have been placed at a slightly higher angle. To edit this image, I increased the contrast to intensify the darkness. I then increased the warmth while adding a slight cyan hue. I then cropped the image to reduce the amount wasted space. I used the patch tool to match some parts of the profile transition smoother into the dark. I also applied a Gaussian blur to help smooth the skin, then reversed the blur to reveal the crisp detail in her bangs, braids, and around the nose and lips.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo! The lighting gives off a certain vibe thats really cool. Alexa is really good model and she has great expressions and knows her angles. It kind of reminds me of someone looking down at a fairy, like something I would see in Disney World!! I really love the feel- great photo overall!
-Lauren T HHS

Anonymous said...

this is aa great portraits of you friend. you honestly should be really proud of this picture I love how you made It a black background and had the life focus in on her face it made the picture pop more because you don't have all distractions going on behind her. I like that you inroad the warmth of this picture. I like how you made the detail in her braids stand our because sometimes details like this can get washed out considering it is a black back ground. this picture is a keeper for sure

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture. i love how the lighting is. This picture is really so cool. I love how her face is kind of an orange tint that brings out the color of her hair. The black background really makes her face and hair pop an it looks super cool. Grace B-HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is awesome! The lighting of this works really well although I do agree it could look better if the lamp was a little higher. I really like the angle and lighting of it though. Nice job!
Caroline K. HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! You did a really nice job with the lighting, and I love the warm tones of the picture. Nice job!!
Alexa S. HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really good picture! I love how you edited it in terms of skin and hair. The warm and soft lighting really compliments the color of her hair and her outfit. It's definitely a keeper.
Danielle M - HHS