Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Julia M- Dark Fairy

This picture is titled “Dark Fairy”. This was taken with my nikon D30. It was taken on a rock stack in a river bank back when it was dried up. This pictures depicts a scared fairy hiding from the photo been taken (and no alas the fairy isn’t real, I photoshopped it in there). I added many a layers to give the fairy life and added the black and white to give it a mysterious effect. I believe it could have been better if I edited the fairy in a little better and took more time on it, it was a side project I was working on and not for an actual assignment. Doing these kinds of pictures is one of the reasons I joined Digital Photos because it helps me create these unique fantasy pictures I’ve always wanted to make but never really had the art skills to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool picture! I really like the creativity of this photo. I like how you thought to put a fairy in your picture, it gives it a mysterious vibe. I also like that you made it black and white. It gives the rocks a very antique feel. This is a really good picture.
-Skylar J.

Anonymous said...

This is a really neat picture. I love the dark black and white contrast but the bright light on the point of the rock. The fairy looks very real and the emotion blends nicely with the black and white. Overall this is a really cool picture.
Raven H ~ HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is really awesome! It looks like it came straight out of a fantasy film. I like how you added the black and white effect to the fairy to make up for its color. I also like that the fairy is in the center of the photo. It looks like you've put a lot of effort into making this edit. Good work!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool picture! I love how real the fairy looks. The black and white effect really sets the mood of the picture! Overall this is such a great picture great job!