Thursday, February 23, 2017

Cullen S- Purple Water

I took this down in Florida at a community pool that I was at when I was staying with a buddy down there. I took this picture with my old Nikon D40x but have now upgraded to a Nikon D3400. I made a layer and painted a lighter blue tint over it when experimenting and then changed the tone from normal to color and then just tried to see what all the others would look like and then it made it this pinkish purple color and I felt instantly that I had to get the pink to pop more. Plus the bits of yellow and red within the picture look amazing. I wish it could be better if that red and yellow were more prominent.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool photo. The focus works really will and puts emphasis on the water closest to the camera. I really like the color you used. It seems ethereal or out worldly. The photo has a peaceful mood.
-Joey B HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is so cool and mesmerizing. I love how the water is glistening and all going a different direction. The color you chose to make this photo is super cool. I appreciate the simplicity of this photo. Its plain but broad at the same time.

Anonymous said...

This photo is really cool! The purple color you added is a really nice effect. Since I like simple pictures, it would have been better if there were less red, green, and yellow bits; but that's just me. Overall, this work is awesome. Great job!

Anonymous said...

This photo is really cool looking and its something I wouldn't have thought to do. the lighting and focus looks good and isn't too much or too little. the purple hue looks really good with the sparkles of other colors on the water

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice picture. Very clear. I love the color. And the little rainbow reflections add a great touch to this image. I love florida too so very sweet. Good job on this photo. Keep up the great work.
Matthew G. - HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is great.The shade of purple is really nice.It's like a darkish lavender.Florida is great,I used to live there. The picture is really clear.

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photo. I like the different colors you used it looks really cool! I also like the brightness and contrast. Again great job!

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool idea. I love how the water closer to the bottom of the image is more in focus, it gives the picture more of a feeling of depth. I also love how you made a change from the natural blue color of water to a purple color. Overall, I think this one is definitely a keeper.