Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Matthew R- SLS at Hoosier Pass, Colorado


This photo was taken about a week and a half ago on Labor Day at Hoosier Pass, which is at the continental divide and is about 10 miles outside of Breckenridge, Colorado. The photo was either taken with a Canon 5D Mk. 3 or Canon T3i - I don’t remember which body I used. I edited the photo in photoshop, editing the temperature, clarity, saturations, noise reduction, lighting, shadows, highlights, and by cloning out a car on the left. It could be better if the sign had been more visible and centered with the car, and also if the background had more of a view to capture where the photo was actually taken. Driving this Mercedes SLS up mountain roads to this spot was a ton of fun, and I’m glad i could capture it in some pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is awesome! I love how the car is the point of focus and it really stands out. The lighting was perfect for this photo and It looked awesome. In terms of the frame I think the subject is perfectly centered and I think it looks awesome. I really like this photo because the scenery in the background and the car really pop and one does not overpower the other. I would definitely have this photo as a keeper


Nice Job,
Seth W

Anonymous said...

I love the colors used. The view in the back is amazing itself. I like the sun shining on the top right . You did a good job by cloning out the car. I would like to see the difference between the two.It looks like a car they would promote on tv. Amazing picture
Lupita G - HHS