Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cole M- Rays

The image I chose for my favorite is “Rays”. I chose this image because of the overall quality and the vibrant rays the sun is emitting. This picture was taken during my spring break trip to the beach. I like the way that the sun’s glare illuminates the back of the model’s hair.

For editing, I simply increased the contrast and slightly decreased the brightness. I also cropped the image so that the model’s hair and the sun would be the focus of the image.

4 comments:

MAC princess said...

Hey Cole,
Interesting shot. I will say one positive thing, which is that I like the colors and hue in this photo. But, just curious, why is this of a forehead? I know you said it's to concentrate on the hair, but why would you not have the model turn around or something? I just feel uncomfortable. I'm just staring at a FOREHEAD. Why not include the eyes at least? I don't like foreheads. Nice try.

Anonymous said...

Bailey D- HHS
I really like how the rays come through the trees. I think it could have been better if you pumped up the contrast a little more. I also think if when you took the you focused more on the sun rather than the model it might have brought out the rays more.

Anonymous said...

I like that you are being unique about the idea behind the photo but I am not seeing the point of it. The quality of the image is okay but there is just a sun peeking over a forehead. I think that you should rethink the composition then shoot because this does show you are creative.

Anonymous said...

The rays in the background look really good. It would look better if the composition was changed. I think if the sun would've been in the corner more and if the head was more centered it would look better.

Alex H - HHS