Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Samantha W- Red Alert


The title of this picture is Red Alert. This photo was taken with a pintax camera. I edited this picture by adding a hue and saturation layer, and boosted the saturation of the red color on the emergency stop button. Next I added  a black and white layer, but masked the emergency stop button with the paint brush, and brought down the opacity of the black and white in the background to brig back some of the color in the background. This picture could have been better if i would have taken a little more time to really tweak every aspect of the photo such as the vibrance and exposure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture.
It's taken from a pretty good angle.
I like how the red pops out.
Zoya D. HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really good photo. Love the way the red stands out and how there is lack of color in the rest of the photo.

Chloe W-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like the depth of field in this photo, i like the way it focuses really well. I do like the way you made it black and white but turned the opacity down to add more color because it makes the red pop even more. Overall i can see the story behind it, which is cool.
Kelley M-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like how you captured the bright red and shine on the button. It makes the colors stand out and draws your eyes towards it.

Angel S-HHS

Anonymous said...

I like the way this picture turned out. The button looks really cool with the background being blurred out. Very cool!

David K- HHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is really good! I love how the red button stands out as the main thing in the picture. I also love how the button is so focused and clear and then the wall and the rest of the image is blurred. I really like this photo!

Hope W.- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this Photo! Firstly, the composition is great. The subject is centered, but not just straight on. The contrast and desaturated background add so much more power nd focus on the alarm. I also think it was a great call to have an open aperture, so the background would be out of focus. I think it is well done and just a beautiful shot.
-Logan M

Anonymous said...

I like this image because of the vibrance of the red compared to rest of the image. It;s good that the image is not completely black and white because that would be a little much. Overall, great job!

Sean M- HHS