Thursday, December 5, 2013

Isaac E-Stovetop Flame

I took this picture in my kitchen during the colors assignment. I took it with my Nikon D3100 using a 55mm-200mm lens. I edited this picture in photoshop, toning down the saturation of everything except the flames themselves. I boosted the brightness of the flame and of the reflection of the metal underneath. This could be better if I had increased the ISO and increased the shutter speed to make the flames a little more sharp. Hope you enjoy the blue flame!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. The focus is really good. At first glance I didn't see the metal over the fire but once I did it gave the photo a really neat feel. Like you already said, I think if the flames had a little more sharpness it would help the photo. Otherwise, really good job.

Anonymous said...

I love the coolness of the blue flame and the focus is brilliant. It gives it this really cool feel and its just relaxing but I do agree with you as well with the flames being a bit sharper. Other than that, great photo!

-Aleena HHS

Anonymous said...

I think the picture is really good. How it just captures the flame and the slight hint of the metal covering adds for a great effect. Great Picture!!

HHS- Jacob T

Anonymous said...

The soft focus on the flame is great. The dark color of the background and foreground really accentuates the blue hues of the flame. I like this picture because you can barely see the outlines of the metal in the stove.
Alex F-HHS