Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Haley G- A Rose and Ring


I took this photo outside on my back porch on August 30th. I took it with my fugifilm digital camera. I enhanced the photo and added the effect antique to one degree. I set saturation to 53 and shadows to 17. I think the photo could be better if the ring was shown more of the red to the ruby. 
I chose this photo for this weeks photoblog because it is on elf my favorite photos. it is one of my favorites because the ring displayed in the picture is my ring that was given to me by my mom. I chose the rose as the background because it s my favorite flower and i really think the colors of the rose compliment the ring. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture with the flower and the ring. I think you could have boosted the contrast a little more to really bring out the ring. I like how the background is soft. Over all this is a really good picture.
Brooke F-HHS

Anonymous said...

i love this photo how you used rule of thirds, how the edges are blurred, how you can see the details of the flower and the ring, and how the flower pops against the brown in the background. the only thing i would change is i would bring out the red more of the ring.
Maia S-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture and how the main subject is in focus. I agree that the ruby would have looked better, if there was more red to it. However, you still managed to capture a slight shine to the ring, which is very pretty.
Haley C-HHS

Anonymous said...

I think you did a terrific job with the photo just itself. I know you edited it in iPhoto so the editing is very limited but it still turned out really well. And for the first commenter, the ruby in the ring was dark to begin with, rubies aren't always red so I think it looks better this way then having an unnatural bright red ruby gem. Also with messing with the contrast it more than likely would have changed the flower's white, which looks beautiful the way it is now. However, I do believe the photographer could have adjusted the shadows setting on iPhoto so the ring wouldn't be as dark as it is. All in all, great photo. :3
-Brianna M. HHS