Thursday, May 2, 2013

Katie W- Spinning City


Over spring break I went to Children's Hospital to visit my friend who's been very sick lately. While I was there I noticed a lot of neat architecture in the new part of Children's Hospital. There was a big window in the lobby looking over the Birmingham skyline, so I took a picture. Inside of Children's was a big spiral staircase. I got under the staircase and took a picture looking up at a big dome window in the ceiling. I combined these two images. I overlaid the staircase with the Birmingham skyline, and decreased the opacity of the staircase. If I could change anything about this picture it would be that the images themselves would've been taken with my Cannon camera instead of my iPhone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great composite! The stair case looks like a ferris wheel or something. Each picture by itself looks great with all the architectural detail. It's also nice how you put the staircase in the corner like that.
Great job!
Jessica P-HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool picture. When I first looked at the picture I thought the staircase was a ferris wheel. I also like how this picture has a blue tint to it. Overall this is a really neat picture.
Kayla B.-HHS

Unknown said...

This is a great composite picture! It really catches your eye. I love it they both go together really well. Love this pic. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love composites and this one looks so cool! I like that the staircase is off-centered. The colors are really cool too! Great job!!

Emily A.-HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! I love how it's not in the center of the picture also. The colors are very bright and you can see the detail. The two pictures are different but come together really well. Good job!
Mary L- HHS