Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Anissa L- Life of a Tree


This tree is a tree from inside the Hoover courtyard. I tried really hard to not make it obvious that it was from the courtyard, which is why it has the angle that it has. I've always enjoyed how the trees look in the courtyard in October/November, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to document it. I increased the hue and saturation in this picture and I also tried to make the limbs in focus, but I realized that my main subject was the leaves. I also used the selective color feature in photoshop to make the reds come out more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is really cool. My favorite part is the depth of field of the picture because when I look at the tree, it is in the front, middle, and foreground. I also like like how the colors are really vibrant, but aren't so in your face that the picture appears fake. The only thing I don't like is that the picture that the tree going across the picture and it leads me to the right side. I think this picture might be better in a portrait format, with the tree starting at the bottom and leading me toward the top.

Anonymous said...

I like this picture and how it represents fall. I would suggest not putting much shadows on the tree, or at least brightening up some.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. I like the angle you took the picture at looking up to the tree. I also like all of the colors in this picture. The leading line of the trunk makes it very interesting.

Katie W-HHS

Anonymous said...

The balance of this picture is perfect. I think it was cropped the right way and the warm color of the leaves goes well with the cool color of the sky. I get a calm and fall mood with this picture. I would have this picture as my wallpaper on my phone!! Two thumbs up!!

Taylor Shunnarah said...

This Picture is really pretty! It describes the months of fall to me. The leaves are gorgeous i like how you to angled this picture.

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture. I love how you took the picture from underneath the tree and I love the vivid colors of the leaves. Great job.

Corei B-HHS