Friday, November 30, 2012

Josh V- The Face of Halloween


This is a picture of an artificial pumpkin that I zoomed in on the mouth. I titled it "The Face of Halloween". This was a picture for the "Names with Pictures" assignment and it was my letter U. I consider it be my best image because I used my experience with the last assignment "Night and Day" to take this picture. I took this image from the top of my stairs just looking for letters of my name. I edited the image by getting rid of shadows with the stamp tool and by giving some layers to the image.

6 comments:

Alex D - HHS said...

I really like this picture because the light makes it look really cool. it could be better if you got more of the pumpkin .

Anonymous said...

This is a cool picture. I like how the lighting only shows the mouth of the Jack-o-Lantern. You did a good job with the editing of the shadows and layers.

Matt A-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like how the lit part of the pumpkin stands out, and it looks really cool. I wish you could have taken a picture of teh entire pumpkin so we could have seen its face, but this is a good pictures
- Andie C. HHS

Anonymous said...

Nice picture! I think that this shape kind of looks ike a bat (I'm not sure if that's what you were going for or not, but still cool). And I love how the carvings/ beams in the back look reflective, almost like sunbeams. This picture gives me a weird feeling, not necessarily scary, but not necessarily at peace either. Great job!
Anissa L-HHS

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great photo. I really like the details inside of the pumpkin's mouth. It shows the depth of the pumpkin, and the DOF works well to give this effect. Also, the dark vs. light areas have great contrast. It makes the viewer focus on the pumpkin and get a feel of a dark, spooky night. Great use of color, light, and focus for a great picture.

Andrew L - HHS

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! I love how every detail stands out. I like how the outside of the pumpkin is completely dark and the entire focus goes straight to the light on the inside. The color is really good too. Great picture over all!

Emily A.- HHS