Friday, November 9, 2012

Danny J - New Orleans Mask Shop.jpg


This picture was taken when I was in New Orleans to play Mandeville and Baton Rouge on September 29th. The picture was of a Mardi Gras mask shop, but the reason I took it was because of the impressive display of plants on the floors above it. I edited the levels to make the picture darker, and I edited the white value to be darker; the reason for this being the corner of the picture was very bright initially. I also increased the shadows to 100 to make an outdoor picture more lifelike. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great place to take pictures! Everything is so different. I love how the lights in the windows glow. This building looks so old fashion. It might look better if it was on a better angle. Instead of from the street, maybe take it from the side or almost right underneath the balcony. I really love this picture and it makes me want to go there.

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture. I really like all of the mixtures of the colors. I think the picture could have probably been cropped a bit to take the pole out of the picture. The brightness could have also been changed a bit. Other than that I think the picture looks good.
Justin H-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! You can really see all the colors, light, and details on the building. It captures the New Orleans spirit with the architecture and the Saints decorations. It would have looked better if the left side of the picture was cropped a little bit but besides that the picture looks awesome!
Laura T-HHS

Anonymous said...

this picture is really interesting, i love the camera angle on it. the perspective is very cool i love how the dark spot are not over powered by the light spots and vice versa. the coloring is very cool too, it make for a very happy photo. i jut wanna smile when i see it
Elijah E- HHS