Monday, November 6, 2023

Samantha M- Night & Day 2


I took this photo in my kitchen in the afternoon after school with a Nikon D3000 and didn't edit it too much because the light hit it just right and it came out exactly how I wanted it. I did make the colors more vibrant, and I also adjusted the curves to make the light hit the way I wanted it to. I took this picture against the kitchen floor under the ceiling lights. This photo is the daylight version of this object, and even though I love the way it turned out, I could've taken the shot outside, so it didn't look identical to the Nighttime version. I mistakenly took both pictures against the same background, so they came out almost identical. (except lighting and time of day). this project was very interesting because I originally thought the photo would look better in daylight, only to realize that night is ideal because I can control the lighting, and colors turn out more vibrant because the daylight isn't absorbing it all. Taking photos at night is suitable if you want to control the lighting of your subjects, and if you want the colors to look more vibrant.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo! I like how the flower is very vibrant and colorful. The dark background makes the picture pop more and lets you see all of the lights. I also like how the bottom is blurred to make the center of the flower pop more letting you see all the details. Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the photo it looks nice!

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool photo, I like how the background is all black because it solidifies the flower as the main subject. I like the mixtures and the colors and the reflections on the flower. This is a great photo, the only thing I would have moved the light to wear it intensifies the colors in the flower.

Anonymous said...

I like how the colors are vibrant and is a mixture of multiple different colors. I also like how the flower is the main focus of the photo. I don't really have any critiques for this image

RR-HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this photo and how the colors really pop. The shine of the petals are really pretty and it really brings the photo to life.
MO-HHS

Anonymous said...

I love the way that this photo came out the colors came out looking amazing and very vibrant this photo is really full of life