Monday, October 17, 2022

Muriithi M - Drabby Night


 I’mma be real for a second, the only real reason I picked that name is for an extremely dumb pun and nothing else. Well, no matter what I don’t think I will change the name as I like it as is. This photo was taken a the backyard of my house at night with my camera I used for school. I forgot the name and specifics of it but it’s very bad. However, it makes these nighttime photos look more crypted and cursed, so do a few adjustments light toning up the brightness and boom, instant 11/10. 

Outside of that, I didn’t do much in the way of editing, as it didn’t take much to make it have that “low-quality-found-aliens-gone-owo,” along those lines. I think one thing I could learn from this is to use whatever stuff I use to my advantage, even if it’s the bare minimum of equipment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to describe this photo but the photographer could've used a flashlight and shined it directly onto the curtain, also I think it would've had a lot more meaning if they played with the exposure and what not. The photo is dingy but the title fits it well. I think they would've done better by cropping & balancing the light out along with the background. The mood I see in this photo is very sad & no I wouldn't hang this photo on my wall.




Taylor D.

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! It gives a similar vibe to a liminal space. I don't know if it was intentional, but the grainy effect gives It a feeling of nostalgia. However, to be that person... some brighter lighting in the background to highlight the fence and the rest of the yard would be a nice touch. Personally, it look me a second to see the fence and the grass. Nonetheless, this photo has a really cool ambiance as well as a nice feel for the rule of thirds!
Laney H.

Anonymous said...

I really like the tone and ambience of this photo, I think I'm a bit biased with my choices when it comes to picking favorites since I like dark "horror" types of stuff. Yes the image could've been better if there was more light, but the darkness in the backyard makes you feel like there could be something lurking out there.

I love this image, good job!


Chelsea G.

Anonymous said...

I actually really love this photo! I love the eeriness and that its so dark but still light enough to make out the fence in the background. if i had to change anything it would be the grain, but even then it adds character to the picture, so nice job!

-Lana Q