Monday, October 24, 2022

Emily K - Night Leaf


 This picture is titled “night leaf” because it was from our night and day assignment. It was taken on September 24, 2022 in the woods behind my lake house. I took it with my Canon t7 camera with the help of a flashlight under the leaves. I didn’t think it needed a lot of editing so I cropped it a bit and adjusted some of the lighting and saturated the green of the picture. I think it could be a little better if I touched up some of the holes in the leaves, but I also think they give it character. The experience that went along with taking this picture is special to me because my dad helped. He really loves helping me with my photography assignments and I think it’s really sweet that he will do whatever he can to fulfill my vision. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this image, you don't see many people taking a simple plant and making it look stunning. While I do agree that it might've looked better if the leaf didn't have as many holes and flaws. I like that they are there, rather than taking away flaws you chose to embrace them. It reflects how many people try to remove their flaws, but instead they should be showing them off! Beautiful image, keep up the great work Emily!



- Dori Hantoosh -HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. The lighting is soft and I think that really enhances it. There is a slight yellow tint from the right side and I think the fade out of the light is really cool to look at. I think the leaves being slightly to the right looks really nice and it balances with the dark background pretty well. Overall, I really like this photo because of the composition and the color and detail of the leaves!

Anonymous said...

The Colors in this photo are really pretty! I love that the leaf is the main aspect of the photo and there are no real distractions. The only editing suggestion I have is to even out the tones of the green a bit more/

Anonymous said...

I love how detailed and colorful this image is. The veins on the leaf are really pronounced which I like. I also don't think the leaves need to be retouched, I actually enjoy the beaten down aspect that it gives them and it breaks up the green. Really good photo!

Matthew H. - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really love how details the image is. I love how you can see all the veins on the leaves and i also love how the background is kind of like a void. It creatwes great contrast and allows the eyes to become focused very easily. great job!