Thursday, March 18, 2021

Ella F- Spotlight


 This image is called Spotlight, and it is a picture of my brother, Owen. It was taken a few days ago for the portrait assignment. I took it with my Canon 60D camera against a blank wall in my bedroom. I used a flashlight to create the circle of light in the picture. I edited this image by changing it to black and white, cropping it a little closer to his face, and getting rid of some minor blemishes in photoshop. Overall, I am pretty happy with how this photo turned out, but it could be a bit better if it was less grainy in some places. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The balance between light and dark within this photo is really good! The fact that the light covers all f his face helps this. The way that the photo is cropped keeps the focus on the subject and not the rest of the image. This is a really cool photo that makes me think of old-school Hollywood, and I really like it!-MRM HHS

Anonymous said...

I love how the black and white compliment the shadow in the back so well. Also love the lighting of the photo great picture in all.

Anonymous said...

This photo is really cool! I really liked how you used a flash light to create the circle of light. I think the balance of light and dark in the picture turned out really well and they really work well together. I really like how the light is on his face and there is a shadow of his face in the background. The light really brings the focus to him. It really outlines his face and brings attention to it. It is more of a sharp focus and it really makes the picture interesting. Great job with this picture I really like it and I think it turned out really good!
Abigail P.-HHS