Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Dalton D - It Calls To You


 The title of my image is “It Calls To You". I took this photo in my makeshift home studio with my Pixel 4a 5g one night. The title refers to a line in the Star Wars movie The Force Awakens, where Rey finds Luke’s old lightsaber. I used a lightsaber hilt from a Star Wars VR game that I used to play. I edited it by bringing the exposure down and increasing the saturation to give it a green glow, which is reminiscent of Luke’s second lightsaber. Overall, I think it turned out really well. The only thing I would’ve changed would be to smooth out the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. I like how the light is reflecting on the lightsaber. the purple and green tones are cool because lightsabers are usually plain black. I like how the lightsaber creates a leading line into the background of the photo. The clarity is good and this should hang in Disney worlds Star Wars ride!

Maddie R - HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this photo a lot the reflection of the light off the light saber looks really good. I also like the angle that you took it looks good staring down from one side to the other.

Bess H - HHS said...

This is a really cool image! I myself am I fan of star wars, so I automatically liked the photo. I like the green and purple reflection because it reminds me of the some of the character's light saber colors. The plain background was a really nice choice. The sharp focus in the front that slowly softens is pretty cool. I really enjoyed this image and I think you did a good job!