Friday, December 1, 2017

Katie C - Queen of Cimmeria

Cimmeria was a mythical civilization of people who lived near the land of the dead amongst constant mist and darkness. This picture reminded me of a revival of the ancient legend due to the ominous glow of her eyes and her everlasting dark stare.
This was taken in a house in the Preserve in early November of 2017. I edited this by taking out some distracting hairs, editing other blemishes, sharpening her features, saturating her eyes, highlighting some dark areas, and adding an overall sepia tone to the photo.
This would definitely be better if the entire face was in focus (the chin being out of focus, for example) and if the right side of the picture was a bit lighter (this was hard to change since most highlighting features add too much of a glow to the face).
Model: Erin Johnson

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with this image. I love how you can see the true color in her eyes. I also think it is interesting how one side of her face looks dark and he other looks light because of the sun. I love it! Fantastic job with this picture. Definitely a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo. It has such a cool, futuristic feel. Her eyes definitely remind me of a mythical something so great job on the title! I like how the lighting turned out. Very nice photo! I would put this in a magazine!
-Lauren T HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! I love how the back is black and the light is focused on her face. I also like how the light brings out her eyes and the glow in them. Great job!!!
Presley G HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I really like the filter you have put on this and your subject is very well lit! also great job with how you got it to fade focus around the edges making it loom like she is fading into the background

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! The lighting works really well giving an intense look to the model. The framing of the model draws in the attention to her eyes rather than anything around her. Overall I like the sharpness of the shadows and how you edited her eyes. Great job.
Dayne M-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this image because it is very low key, but it still captures every detail you would want it to. I like how the shadow on the left side of her face breaks right at the eye and creates a certain shine. I sort of disagree with what you sad about the right side of the image needing to be lighter, personally I like the affect the darkness gives. Overall a really nice image, good job!
Anna Grace L-HHS

Anonymous said...

This is such a good picture! I did not notice that the chin was out of focus until you mentioned it. Her eyes are so pretty! I also like how the background is black and the lighting is only hitting half of her face which creates the shadows from the glasses.