Thursday, October 4, 2012

Brianna B- Burning Tires


This photo I took is of a tire shop in Bessemer, Alabama while I was riding in the car with my cousins. We saw the smoke going into the air from several miles at their house so we decided to go and see what it was about. When we came upon the building, behind it they were burning tires and it was making a tall dark cloud of smoke. I used the following of: Boost, fade, and antique to edit my photo in iPhoto. I thought this photo was pretty cool because of how the smoke showed up when I edited it, it was very bold and it made the picture stand out. Also I like how the Tire Shop is presented in the picture in the far right lower corner of the picture and how its not centered. If I could change this picture I would get the electrical lines out the upper part of the picture, where it is going across the smoke cloud. The only electrical line I would keep would have to be the dark brown cable line appearing just above the tree in the left lower corner. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this picture looks really good, and I like it especially because of the antique and old feeling it gives. The smoke makes a very good subject, and it allows the picture to be very clear. I also like how the smoke spans almost the whole photo. I know you said you would change the electrical lines going through the smoke if you could, but I think it works very well as a leading line. It draws the eye right to the smoke cloud, and it also creates a good depth of field because the electrical line is clearly in front of the smoke cloud.
Luiza L.- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, especially with the brownish tint. I like how you can see the detail in the rolls of smoke rising up, and how it slowly fades out across the picture. It gives it a look like it might be able to tell a story or something, and its not something seen everyday.
Jessica P-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like the overall composition and layout of this photo, however I would agree that the power lines detract from the main focus. I also feel as if the color scheme is a bit bland and overall there could be more contrast and saturation.

Cole G. - HHS

Anonymous said...

I like the subject of this picture, it has the potential to promote strong feelings in the audience. There's good detail in the clouds with a strong depth. However, I think this picture has too much of an antique feel to it. I would like to see some more color from the buildings and trees, since you can't actually see the fire.

- Madhukar M