Monday, May 15, 2023

Maci J- Turtles all Around


 The title of this image is “Turtles all Around”. The original photo of the turtles was taken by a body of water near my home and I took this with my Canon camera. This image was for the kaleidoscope assignment but I made additional adjustments to the colors of the photo to make it look more interesting. I actually used a specific filter from the Nik Collection for this photo. It might have been better if I did a more interesting angle from the og image. Other than that I kinda like this photo. It’s heavily manipulated but I just really like the colors. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this image! The soft lighting on the turtle looks very pretty and balances nicely with the vibrant, bright background. I like this photo a lot and the contrast of the colors is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I like the coloring of the turtles and how the colors go together. The Kaleidoscope effect looks really cool with photo.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love this image Maci! I think it’s so cool how you can tell that the subject is a turtle and not just a random figure. I also love the color of the turtle and the sky, mainly the sky because it almost has a green tone that complements the turtle. You stated that you wished you did a different angle, however, I love the angle you did! You also stated that the image might be too manipulated but not all images need to look organic. I really like the hyper-editing, it looks super cool. I do wish there wasn’t so much negative space in the very top and bottom but I love it at the same time. It makes it look like the turtles are looking up into the sky. Maybe a gradient in the empty sky could help sharpen the focus on the turtles rather than the negative space, maybe like a vignette but with a darker shade of the sky. Again I loved this image and I can’t wait to see more of your work!

Dori H.
HHS