Friday, March 10, 2023

Benji H - Dystopia



This is Dystopia. It was taken in downtown Montgomery with my phone and edited in photoshop. I added filtered layers of yellow and green tones to dull and neutralize the image to connect the abandonment of the building to the surroundings it is in. Additionally, I added grain to the image to give it the feel of an old film camera and added a black-to-white gradient to make it feel foggy and dusty. I do wish the filters around the pipe along the sky were cleaner but I do believe I was still able to capture the vibe needed to give this image a dystopian tone.



 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love how you focus on the building to get as many details as you can. I love how you edited the image, it looks amazing, love it looks like an abandoned place, looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Good photo! I like the colors you chose and how it really affects the photo. I also like the angle of the photo taken and how the building is angled in the picture. Overall, this is a great photo.
- W M -HHS

Anonymous said...

This image is rather interesting, I don't exactly understand why it was edited this way. What I would do is make it cooler because I believe that this image is too warm. A lot of your images are warmer and I really thing you should experiment will cooler editing styles. Overall, this image could use a lot of work but the building was okay. Remember, effort goes a long way!


Dori H.
HHS

Anonymous said...

I like how the photo looks underexposed, which makes me assume that the sun is setting. I also like how the grass around the building is included in the frame because it shows how abandoned the building is. This picture actually reminds me of something that would be in The Hunger Games world! Overall I think you really captured the dystopian vibe.
-Ally C.
HHS

Anonymous said...

I love how everything looks rom the color and how sharp it looks, everything comes together really good. No critiques, it's just REALLY good!


-MM

Anonymous said...

Great Photo! I really like the effect you used on this photo. I also like the perspective you shot the photo at.