Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Kendall O- Believed to Be Gods

The title of this image is “Believed To be Gods”. This was taken in my bedroom and the subject of this photo was of my favorite book titled The Ocean at the End of the Lane and one of the pages mentioned children and Gods and I remembered annotating it because of how powerful the line came across. The picture was taken with a Nikon Coolpix L820 along with some Christmas lights and my phone flashlight to help support the lighting of the photo. It could be better if there was more lighting in the photo to make the words of the book pop. Maybe if I also had more time to edit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is very pretty and the quality of the photo is really good. I like the colors used in the photo and the fact that you used a book to enhance those colors so much. However, taking down the brightness on the lights and maybe a different angle on the book as well. Adding some vignette on the part you underlined would help focus on the main "point" of the picture as well. Anyways, I love this picture and think you did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

I love the use of the dark lights and the color it brings to the book. Using a book was a very smart idea it brings the words off the page and it's very authentic and the purple and green mixes well together! One way you could fix this picture would be if you didn't have the actual light in the picture it takes away from the book.

Anonymous said...

The colors of the picture are very psychedelic and satisfying. I like this picture very much!

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. The DOF is great. I love the color balance and how you enhanced the lights. You could have lighted the text a little bit tho. Overall this photo gives off a stranger things/Girl in Red vibe. I love this photo.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite pictures ive seen on here. I like how that sentence is nderlined so it draws attention to it. I especially like the Christmas lights making the book lit up. The colors go together really well. It might look better if you turn the light down a little bit, but other than that, I like it.

- Chris A

Unknown said...

I love the contrast of the purple and green lights on the paper and the leading lines of the underline. I also like how dim the picture is and it gives it a cool vibe. Jack J - HHS