Monday, November 7, 2016

Everett M - Ceramic Cross

The title of the image that I selected is titled as “Ceramic Cross.” I took this picture a few weeks ago in my room for the “Name with Pictures” assignment. I took this picture using the camera that I use to take all of my pictures, the Lumix 25 mm SLR camera. I took edited this picture by first applying a black and white layer to it. After applying the black and white layer, I increased the contrast and brightness on the picture slightly. After enhancing the photo a little bit, I used the black brush on the layer in order to have color show up. However, I only colored in the floral patterns on the cross. In all honesty, I feel as if there isn’t too much that could be improved, but if I had to choose something, I should have tried preventing any shadows from showing up on the background in order to maintain a consistent tone and texture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy this picture because the cross is truly the main focus. The vibrant colors are really nice and compliment the darkness of the edits around it. I really like how you chose to have the flowers in color and the rest in black and white. It creates a really nice mood. Overall really good picture!!
HHS- Anna Grace L.

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture. love the editing to the cross and because shows it's about jesus christ. and the effect of the color. the flower effect where did that come from it very nice touch to it. Seem like a chill picture.

Anonymous said...

I like how sharp the focus is on the image. Thing light/ white balance makes the letter t pop out of the image. The leading lines of the background made the subject more appealing. The black made the colors in this photo amazing. I feel the feelings in the image is happy jumping out of the dark.
- Sophia Jackson

Anonymous said...

This photo is great!! The cross in the center of the image creates a perfect balance. The beautiful orange and yellow brightens up the image. The bright colors make the photo happy and energetic. I like how the background is plain, so we focus just on the cross, but I like how the background has a subtle detail to it.
-Lindsey F HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is really nice Everett. I like how the focus is directly on the cross which looks really cool. It is completely sharp and nice. I like how there is no wasted space in the photo and the cross takes up the entire image. I like this photo because of the cool colors and everything. Yash M-HHS