Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MatthewW- Sky Art

This image was taken in Talledaga National Forrest over spring break at around 9:30. It was taken with a nikon D80. ISO 800 18mm f/3.5 for 5 minutes (so I could get a little bit of star trail) I edited it by changing the levels, less saturation, more vibrance and i used one of the Nix Collection filters to try to reduce noise. I like this image just because It takes forever to make haha (5 minutes for the picture to take then about 10 more minutes for my old camera to process it). I could have improved it by using a tripod instead of setting it on a rock, and if there was more stars that would have been nice. I’m happy with this image.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me start by saying I really like this picture but I think it Might be a little over exposed. I kinda feel like the sky is too bright. I also like the way the trees kinda lead you to the stars which was the real focus of the picture I like this photo but i feel like if you took it still on a tripod for a shorter amount of time and had the sky a little darker and then you could have done a digital blur with the stars if you still wanted to do one after.
WS-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I like the way the bottoms of the trees are lit up and I also like how bright the stars look. i like the way you centered the image and I think you did a really good job!


Seth W

Anonymous said...

I like this picture,but I thnk it is little too bright and overexposed. I think that it would look a lot better if the sky itself was a little darker to have a better contrast with the stars. I like how the trees have a lot of vibrant colors against the background. Overall I like this picture.

-Nicole Tran HHS