Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Zack C - Riding Shotgun


I took this picture when riding shotgun in my dad’s truck. We were on the way to the magical farm we used to live on before currently residing in Hoover. We never grew anything on it, it only had lots of space, so calling it a farm is somewhat disingenuous, isn’t it? Regardless of the semantics, it was a cool trip filled with daring action, mystery, romance, and lots of standing around in the rain bored. No lie, it was super boring up there. All we, the minors, did was stand around getting wet in the August rain while Dad and his friend tried to lift an old boat out of the mud. For three hours. Luckily, I had my trusty Fujifilm S5 Pro SLR with a macro Nikon lens (what a mouthful), unlike my brothers Cole and Bay, who resorted to banging their heads on various objects for amusement, likely resulting in several severe cranial concussions, which would be bad in any other cases, but considering they are both morons through and through (I am the Moe to their Curly’s if you catch my drift), it can only result in an improvement. Putting this awkward humor derailing the assignment aside, I edited this neat-o picture using the original gangster, iPhoto, at the beginning of the school ear. Wow, school ear. I’m gonna leave that typo in. Anyway, the writer increased the Big Three (exposure, contrast, and saturation thank you very much) all slightly and put both definition and highlights at about 50%. And, of course, he put the sharpness all the way up in this “ish” (word copyright of Zackary Carlisle). i also cooled the image and tinted it slightly green. So yeah. It’s a nice shot, not ground-breaking or innovating, but pretty solid none the less. I feel the picture is purty balanced and has a nice drab color palate, so frankly, there isn’t much to improve. So, once again, yeah. This picture is only finna get like two comments anyway, and they will just list things they liked about the picture, not criticize it, but if you do wanna give some advice or something, you are free to do so in the comments below, even if it would shatter my illusions of being a good artist. *cries*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is really cool! I like how the background is blurry and the water (the subject of the photo) is the one in focus. It's also really cool that you can see where the wipers are. Great Job buddy! I would hang this up in my house!


RP - HHS