Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Ryan M - The Rare Captain Phasma

The title of my selected image is “The Rare Captain Phasma.” This is a photo of my 6-inch Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Captain Phasma action figure. She is the second-in-command of the First Order in the new Star Wars film, The Force Awakens, coming out December 18th. Her action figure is rare though because about a month ago when she, Constable Zuvio, Poe Dameron, and a Guavian Enforcer all had their Black Series action figures released to the public, Captain Phasma was the highest in demand by collectors. I myself was able to track down the one GameStop all the way in Irondale that had ONE Black Series Captain Phasma left. Talk about a journey! I took the photo in my game room (one of two rooms filled to the brim with my Star Wars Collection) on October 25th, 2015. I took the photo with my EOS 1200D digital camera. I edited it by adjusting the saturation, exposure, contrast, sharpness, and definition. I also used the re-touch tool to mark out some of the product labeling on the toy’s box (I don’t think “CHOKING HAZARD” looks that good in a photo). It could be a better photo if the toy’s packaging didn’t have a image of Captain Phasma on it because it honestly feels a little redundant right next to her action figure. It also would have been a better photo if I took Captain Phasma out of her box, but as I leave all of my toys in their boxes, the photo of her in her package will have to suffice. I am confident that her silver armor does a good job of standing out from the red and black color of her packaging. Captain Phasma is definitely one of my most favorite pieces of my collection due to her sheer awesome appearance so that’s why I just had to take a photo of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the photo but it could have been better. I really like star wars so I may be biased about this. It would have been a better with the figure out of its box but I understand wanting to keep the figure in the box. I believe that the items other than the figure could be removed to make the image better. I like how the light shows off Captain Phasma's chrome coloring is demonstrated. With a few more improvements, I could see this a product preview on a website for people to purchase it.
Sam C - HHS

Anonymous said...

Completely awesome photo! The centered image of Captain Phasma in her packaging is nice, although some of the background could've been taken out. The "Wars" in the background top-left could have either been taken out or show the full "Star Wars" in the background to make it a bit more complete. The lighting is okay, but the reflections on the plastic packaging could've been reduced a little, and the overall contrast and brightness could be edited for a darker feel to reflect the Dark Side that Captain Phasma works for. But hey, overall great photo.

Jonathan T. - HHS