Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Ashley W- Wild Flowers

I took this photo on October 24th on an abandoned tennis court with my Nikon D3200. I edited it by cropping it in quite a bit and adding two hue and saturation levels, one to turn the background and flowers purple, and another to make her hair whiter and the colors I added back into the flowers less intense, I also did routine blemish corrections to her skin and the background and messed with the vibrance and exposure. I really like the way this photo turned out, but I think it could have been better if I did more to the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! I like the shallow depth of field on the person and the flowers. The background being lured increases the focus on the flowers and the person. I also really like how the purple of the flowers pops . It leads the viewer towards the flowers. One thing that I think could be fixed is that the background has a bit too much color. It is a bit distracting from your main focus and the colors appear a bit unnatural in the background. I think you did a very good job at adjusting the hue and saturation of the person though. The way that the colors on the flowers pop really drew me toward this image. -Matt H-HHS