Friday, February 20, 2015

Carolina M - Back in the Old Days

This picture is called “Back in the Old Days” because the skates almost tell a story ( and this was taken at an antique store). I used a black and white filter and made the opacity to only 40-ish percent to wash out the colors. I also added contrast and sharpened the image pull out the detail of the worn out skates. I like the angle and the details but I’m not too sure about the bear in the background. It’s a little random but hey, its filled with shark teeth. Overall I really liked the turn out of this picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this picture makes me happy...Im drawn to the older objects in this picture,appreciate the historical vaule of this photo..the light angle is great..

Peyton H-HHS

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! I really love the details on the skates, they look very vintage and cool. I agree, maybe the bear shouldn't have been in the shot, but it is interesting.

Erin R - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I like how all of the objects in the photo look vintage. Both objects sort of tell a store and i like how the lighting adds to the effect. All of the colors in the image go together really nicely and it is a very clear image.

~Zoey E. hhs

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot. I love the dirty, old look of the picture. The contrast is nice and the composition is fantastic.

Justin HHS