Friday, November 8, 2013

Logan M- St. Francis


I took this photo in front of my house on the weekend in a small garden. I took this with my Nikon D5100. I had to crop it down and darken the background significantly using layers. I then went in and warmed and yellow the statue a bit. I also brightened up the green in the moss and used the healing brush to take out small spots and clean it up. I also saw some parts that jutted out and broke out St. Francis's shape. I went in and painted each block to clean up the outside. I did have some issues with the original. I need to spend m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. The darkness surrounding the statue give it a mysterious feel as well as acting as a contrasting agent in focusing the viewer's eye on the main point of the picture, the statue. The pose of the statue is also a very calming and gentle pose which overall adds to the picture.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this photo. The way the shadow hits the statue is calming and almost nostalgic from the time that it was built and St. Francis was alive. You did a great job with this one; bravo.
-Aleena HHS