Monday, March 11, 2024

Jaiyva C- The Price of Freedom


 The title of my image is The Price of Freedom because Palestinians are experiencing horrendous events daily. It was taken in February in New Orleans with my Canon Rebel T7i. I didn’t edit the photo, as I think that the blurred effect with the signs visibility lets the photo show the calmness of the protest. I wish the photo showed more people then I got, or I got shots from another angle. It was such an amazing experience, and some people were carrying bundles of cloth with blood, micking the babies killed in war. The signs, parents walking with their babies, and some people from there made you just be thankful for your life and blessings. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the focus in this image. lot as I think the blurry look to the image represents the franticness of the movement and the need to hurry to resolve the palestinians' suffering. I think the cropping/framing was done very well in the photograph allowing for the main subject (that being the protester holding the sign) to be most visible while also showing the scale of the movement. I think the mood and feelings were captured well in this photograph; this shows the emotion and desire for the end of the war on palestine being felt all over.

-DF, HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! While I do think you could sharpen the image a tad bit more to make it really focus, I think this is a great photo, and also portrays great awareness on the matter!

Anonymous said...

I like how you focused on one subject in this image. I think the sort of blurred look outside of the sign looks really cool. I also really like the lighting in this image I think the brightness adds to the image. I think you did a really good job with this image.
- CM HHS

Anonymous said...

"The Price of Freedom" captures the poignant essence of a protest in New Orleans, shedding light on the ongoing struggles faced by Palestinians. Taken with a Canon Rebel T7i in February, the unedited photo artfully portrays the blurred effect, allowing the signs to be faintly visible, symbolizing the calmness amidst the turmoil. While the photographer wishes for more subjects or alternate angles, the image resonates with the powerful presence of parents carrying babies and individuals displaying bundles of cloth, reminiscent of the casualties of war. This moving depiction serves as a reminder of the fragility of life and the importance of gratitude amidst adversity.
HHS
K.A.W