Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Blake P- Man's Best Friend


 My picture is called “Man’s Best Friend”, this photo was taken on my grandparents property, out in the field. I had let my dog go out there to run around freely and took some photos of her. I can’t remember exactly when this photo was taken but it was from before taking this class. I used Camera Raw to add grain, lighten the shadows, lower the highlights, and added a vignette to make the photo look worn out. I added a black and white filter over that then created a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and used the Sepia preset. I think it could be better if I found a way to make it look even less uniform and more damaged but overall I'm happy with it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. I like how you edited it. I think it is cool how you added grain and a black and white filter to make the picture stand out. Overall, I think you did great.

Anonymous said...

Great Photo Blake, the editing color selection is great I have no complaints!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the lighting of this image as it helps highlight the subject yet the harsh shadow lends well to the vintage look. The monochromatic color of the photo shows the natural yellowing that film would do which I emjoy a lot because it also highlights the details. I like the mood of this photo as well as it feels very fun and happy with the bright sunlight and happy dog.

-DF, HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture, really old and vintage feel. That's a cool dog.

Anonymous said...

Capturing the timeless bond between human and canine, ‘Man’s Best Friend’ exudes nostalgia and warmth. The deliberate editing choices, from the subtle grain to the sepia tones, beautifully evoke a sense of cherished memories. The rustic, worn-out aesthetic adds depth to the image, inviting viewers to connect emotionally with the scene. Overall, a captivating portrayal that resonates with the heartwarming essence of companionship.
HHS
K.A.W

Anonymous said...

I like the way this picture looks old. I feel like this shot was something out of a movie. It looks like something from the wizard of oz. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I really like this photograph, especially because you added a vintage filter, which gives it a homey feeling.