Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Marissa H- Yellow Flowers


 I titled this image Yellow Flowers. I took this photo on August 31, 2023, at Oak Mountain State Park. I took this photo with my iPhone 11. I edited it by lowering the exposure slightly and I brightened the flowers. I also used the burn tool to dim the sunlight in the back so that way there would be more focus on the flowers. I turned the sharpness up as well and added some color to make everything in the photo more vibrant. I saw these flowers all by themselves and I thought they would be good to photograph. I think it would be better if I cropped the image to be more around the flowers. I also think if I took some pictures of the flowers close up there would be a better outcome. Overall I like this photo. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this picture a lot!! I think the placement of the flowers is very appealing, I don't really have any critique except that I kind of wish some of the leaves were a little bit less in focus, they are a bit distracting from the flowers.

Anonymous said...

I like the way the flowers look, but I wish they were all facing the same way, towards the camera. It would be also be cool in the light covered all of the flowers. Either way it is a nice little oasis in the forest.

Anonymous said...

i like that the sunlight seems to specifically shine on that middle flower which makes it stand out. The only critique I have is I would've gotten closer or zoomed in more but overall good photo.

RR- HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! The flowers are in good focus and aren't in the direct center in order to show the background. I do agree that it could've been closer but this photograph turned out great as it is! Good job.

Anonymous said...

I like how minimalist, yet beautiful this picture came out. The editing highlighted the main object of the shot, and add some depth to the whole shot. I really like this picture!