Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Imani P- Bloom

I named this photo “Bloom” because it’s the first ever photo I’ve edited and taken for this class so it represents my blossoming as a photographer. Also it’s a flower so that seemed like the obvious choice. This picture was taken outside my apartment building on 10/17/18. I took the picture on a Samsung Galaxy J3. The phone’s camera quality is not that good so I chose to make the picture black and white and only revealed the original color of the flower underneath. I darkened the blues and greens in the picture to make the flower stand out more. It could of been more creative, I feel like it’s a little basic as is, but I don’t know what to do with it. Also, I should of smoothed out the background more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is great I love the way you focused on the flowers color but left the rest normal black and white almost like an x-ray effect.

Anonymous said...

I love the color on the flower, and I think the common theme of making the background black and white is very cool because I do that with a lot of my flower photos as well. I do think if the photo was sharper or brighter it would be better. Great job! - Lauren B HHS