Friday, September 21, 2012

Emily A. - Belle Dress


This is my Hoover Belle dress. I was chosen as a Hoover Belle last January and I was presented into the group in May. I took this picture one night when I got my dress back from the cleaners. I thought it was set out nicely so I took a picture of it. To edit it I sharpened the contrast and added the antique effect because it is supposed to look like the old antebellum dresses women used to wear. I like this picture a lot because becoming a Hoover Belle was one of my most exciting accomplishments. 

2 comments:

Jenna O - HHS said...

I love this picture, it makes me feel like I am going back in history with the Southern Belle's. The lighting in the picture is soft and really shows the pastel colors of the dress and bow. it's a different look than just taking a picture of the dress on, so it looks really original. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, because I am also a Hoover Belle. I really liked how you antiqued the photo because it added an antebellum effect to the dress. I love the soft pastel colors and the texture of the fabric. So pretty!
Madison V- HHS