Tuesday, September 25, 2012

David M - Darts


This is a photo of my dartboard in my garage.  I took this photo September 1 at around noon.  To take the picture, I used the portrait setting of my camera.  I staged this photo by taking the dartboard off of my wall and propping it up in my garage, and I placed some of the darts next to it.  I took many photos of the dartboard from different angles and different camera settings, but this photo is my favorite.  To edit the photo, I used the 'Fade' option five times and I used the 'Boost' four times.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the rough look of the dart board up against the wall. It looks really unique and old. However, I do not really like how dark the bottom left corner of the picture is. It would have been better if the blackness of the picture didn't blend in with the black part of the dart board because you can't really tell where the edges of the dart board end.
Laura T. HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture David. The walls look aged, as if many memories have been made there playing darts. Honestly, i kind of like how the dart board blends in on the bottom. To me, it makes it seem mysterious.

Anonymous said...

Overall, I really like the composition of this photo, however I feel like you could improve on the use of color. The current scheme seems bland and lacks contrast.

Cole G. - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this image because of the rugged feel it has. It seems as though you've played darts since you were a little kid and have enjoyed playing it. I also like how you placed two darts beside the dart board and how the left side of the image has a shadow.
Josh V-HHS

Anonymous said...

I like the picture. I think that the contrast between the background and your dart board is good. The way that the darkness comes in from the left side of the image is really cool, even though I think that your picture should be a little brighter. All in all, it seems like you have liked darts for a long time, since the image has an old feel, another part of it that I like.